Wednesday 28 September 2011

Steampunkery

*Sigh* Nearly a month later another blog update. I'm going to stop apologizing, since this blog is mostly just for me right now. So I can update it as often as I feel like so :P But that doesn't mean I don't have anything to blog about! Many things have happened since my last post. Let's go through them shall we?

I am dismayed to report that I have no reports from Miyamoto, as yet again I've missed sessions. For valid reasons I believe. The weekends following we had guests come visit after each other for the middle of the month. First was my best friend from Vancouver whom joined us on the Ministry of Mandates: Man Date I that I had mentioned in a previous post. It went terrifically well and the Ministry is planning on having a similar event in November, most likely moustache themed to celebrate Movember.

After seeing my good friend off, my Aunt soon arrived. It was great to see and spend time with her and she stayed with us a few days. After that, Marion's brother and his wife visited from Taiwan. High-jinx ensued. I also managed to get my hands on two boardgames I've been interested in: The first is The Stars Are Right, a fun Cthulhu-themed tile game; and the second is Hive, a great two player abstract strategy game, I'm quite taken with it and am considering picking up the expansion tiles when I have the money.

The weekend following all our visitors was second Victoria Steam Expo, which I must say was incredible. Craigdarroch Castle was an exceptional venue for our steampunk convention, even better in my opinion than last year's at the Fairmont Empress Hotel. Highlights were making great new friends and seeing my old steampunks. The only thing I was really disappointed in was the group who was to give a combat demonstation of Bartitsu backed out just before the convention. Perhaps next year. Check out my fB album if you want to browse the photos we took of this grand event.

So my interests are definitely waxing steampunk right now, and to further fuel the boiler I came across an RPG I had only a week or so before read a review of. I was pleasently surprised to find a copy of Airship Pirates in my FLGS (my friendly local gaming store for those not hip to the slang) the other day. I've read through about a 3rd of book, and I'm excited to give this a shot. Looks like it'll be a hoot. I have a few steampunks who're interested in having in-character events, and perhaps I can interest them in crewing up on an airship!

Alas, it looks like the next two months are going to be busy what with holidays, events, and whatnot. I still haven't had a chance to play Call of Cthulhu yet, and here I am picking up another RPG and a few games. Oh well, something to do over the long winter months when I'm not working or playing The Old Republic, which comes out just before X-mas. So much to play, so little time. :D

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment